About the Multi-Engine Rating Program
The Multi-Engine Rating (ME) program trains a licenced pilot to qualify for the Transport Canada Multi Rating endorsement which is required to fly an aircraft with more than one engine. The multi-engine rating is suitable for PPL or CPL holders who want to experience larger, faster, or a more complex aircraft.
Obtain your multi-engine rating at Canadian Aviation College with our PA34 Seneca III twine engine aircraft. We are located at the Pitt Meadows airport, British Columbia, Canada. A step toward becoming a more qualified pilot.
The multi-engine rating is a program that builds a student’s knowledge and skills up to the required Transport Canada flight test standard.
15 hours of multi engine dual flight
10 hours simulator training
CAC application and successful interview
Valid Canadian Pilot license
Upon completion of this course the successful student will have to demonstrate:
• The ability to prepare, plan, and execute a VFR Multi-Engine flight
• The knowledge to pass company and TC flight tests
• The ability to apply relevant ground knowledge in the safe execution of a VFR Multi-Engine flight
• The skills to safely fly a multi-engine aircraft while in VMC conditions
• The ability to manage normal and emergency procedures in a multi-engine aircraft
• The knowledge and awareness of the dangers of flying a multi-engine aircraft, specifically Vmc and single-engine operations
Required Course Materials
Jeppesen Multi-Engine Manual ▪ PA34 Pilot Operating Handbook ▪ Ground school (if required) and Flight training workbooks with lesson plans ▪ TC Flight test guide ▪ VNC and VTA maps * Canadian Flight Supplement.
Aircraft / Briefing Room / Flight Training Device (FTD) / Classroom
One-on-one Instructor-Student in the aircraft / Briefing Room / and Flight Training Device (FTD).
Fees and Hours
Costs include taxes
This is estimated cost only. The actual cost is based on student performance
Costs are estimates based on Transport Canada minimum flight requirements and school program estimates
*This cost includes a maximum number of instructional hours as listed above. Canadian Aviation College has the right to charge the student the hourly rate for both flight and instructional time beyond this limit.