Frequently Asked Questions

Before Coming

Are International Students eligible to get a Post-Graduation-Work-Permit (PGWP)?

If students have questions regarding the PGWP, they should review the Immigration Refuges and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website or contact IRCC. Not any designated learning institutions make student eligible for the PGWP. As per CIC website for Flight School Graduated pilots: To be eligible for a PGWP, a flight school graduated student must meet all the criteria as per IRCC, and 1 of the following:

  • have completed a flight training course at a DLI training centre and now have a Canadian commercial pilot’s license
  • have or be in the process of getting an instructor’s rating and a job offer as a flight instructor from a DLI flight training centre
Please read more about PGWP here:

Is your College Designated by the Government of Canada?

Yes, we are a Designated Learning Institute. Please navigate to the link below to find our DLI number.

As an International Student, Can I work part-time during my studies?

Yes, you can work part-time up to 20 hours per week off-campus during your full-time studies.

Do you offer job palcements with any airlines in Canada after I finish my Pilot Training?

No. We do not offer any job guarantee or have any patch-up with any airlines in Canada. However, if you graduate as a Flight Instructor, you can work in any flight school. We also hire our own students depending on the demand at that time and students overall performance.

My English is really weak can I still be a pilot?

English Proficiency is requirement to fly. You must meet ICAO English Level 4 standard to become a pilot. After you apply with us we will schedule an interview with you to determine your English Proficiency. If your English is really weak you will be offered to be placed in the English Language Program (ESL). Once you re-apply we will interview you again and if we feel you have improved your English, you can enter Flight Training Programs.

What other Programs do you offer other than Pilot Training?

We have academic programs like Aviation English, Flight Attendant diploma and certificate, English as a Second Language (ESL).

I have a foreign pilots licence. Do you offer licence conversion programs?

No. We do not offer any licence conversion programs for students holding a foregin licence. You must convert your foreign licence through Transport Canada or look for programs that offer conversion courses.

Do you have scholarships/ financial aid for students?

No. We do not offer any scholarships at this time. Domestic students can apply through Student Aid BC for the student loan if they want to pursue Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) as well. Please visit for more information.

I already have my Canadian PPL from a different flight school. Can I still join your college for CPL?

Yes you can join and start your Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) Program.

How long does it take from the time I apply in your college to come to Canada?

It could take anywhere between 2-3 months for your Student Visa and Study Permit to get approved. We suggest International students to apply 3 months prior to their start date.

If my visa is rejected by the Canadian immigration, will I get my tuiton deposit refunded back?

Yes. If your visa is rejected for any reason, we will refund 100% of the tuition deposit.

Is IELTS required to start my flight training?

No. IELTS is not required to start your flight training. You only need to pass our interview process and other requirements as stated under our website to get accepted for flight training. However, you might stilll need to provide IELTS with sufficient score to Immigration/visa office

Do you offer accommodation at your college? How much is it?

No, we do not provide any accommodation. Student may find a place to stay at

I am interested in joining your college. What is the enrollment process?

1) Go to

2) Fill out the online application and pay the application fee ($150 Domestic Students/$250 International Students)

3) Once your application and payment are submitted, we will review it and contact you for an interview via Skype or in person.

4) Once the interview is passed, you will receive a link to sign a contract for your program. You will then sign it and send it back to us.

5) International students are required to pay a portion of their program tuition upfront in order to receive a Letter of Acceptance, which will be used to obtain a Canadian Study Permit. If you are a Domestic Student, you are not required to follow this step.

Do you offer a familiarization flight?

Yes. We do offer a familiarization flight for people who wants to see how flying is like and take control of the aircraft in mid-flight. The cost is CAD 150 for half an hour. Please call +1-604-299-7777 to book your first flight!

Can I apply and work as a Flight Instructor/Trainer at your institute?

To work as an flight instructor, you will need to obtain Canadian CPL and Intructor Rating at least. We also consider our own students depending on the demand at that time and student's overall performance.


General Questions

What are the different types of Aviation Programs that you offer?

You can choose between modular and integrated stream to become a pilot. Modular stream allows you to take each program individually like PPL, CPL, FIR, Multi- Engine etc. It also provides more flexibility to students with their daily schedule and this way students can gradually , at their own pace take other programs. Integrated stream, on the other hand, includes all licences, ratings and the student graduates with an Aviation Diploma too. This is offerered as "Career Pilot Aviation with Applied Human Factors Diploma" (CPP). After successful completion of the program, the student will officially be a Flight Instructor which will enable them to teach other students to fly.

International/Student Visa/ Study Permit

Still have questions? Leave us a message below